Registration and Fast Track Service
You found a job in Denmark. Now you are here. Maybe you have a family accompanying you. How to register?
12. Apr 2021
When you find a job in Denmark, the registration procedure is as follows:
- Visit SIRI at DOKK1 in Aarhus to request a residence document (book appointment here)
- Complete your registration (in the municipality OR at the International Citizen Service (ICS) based at DOKK1 in Aarhus next to SIRI)
There are two ways to complete your registration in Denmark, once you have requested a residence document at the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI):
- The International Citizen Service Centres (ICS) in the four major cities in Denmark can handle everything in one work procedure for EU citizens. Of the four ICSs, residents in Ikast-Brande Municipality typically travel to ISC West in Aarhus.
- The local municipality can help with most things (registration and Fast Track Service)
Please note: Nordic citizens start the registration in Denmark at either the municipality or ICS.
The Fast Track Service is a special service for companies and new employees who come to Denmark for the first time and therefore have no CPR number.
The purpose of the Fast Track Service is to quickly issue a CPR number. With the CPR number, the employee can:
- Open a bank account and get paid
- Get the yellow health insurance card, a tax card and NemID (a common secure login on the Internet, whether for online banking, information from the public authorities or engaging with one of the many businesses that use NemID)
Please note: Have you been issued a CPR number for a previous job, this number is still valid, and you can not use the Fast Track Service.
What to do?
- Book Fast Track appointment (at the town hall) online
- Start the entry registration/self-service online
- Show up in person at the Town Hall in Ikast for your booked appointment - No later than 2 months after using the self-service solution
- Bring the receipt from the entry registration/self-service and any documents specified on the receipt
After requesting the residence document at the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI), new citizens can do all official registration at the ICS. It is most common for employees living in Ikast-Brande Municipality to visit ICS in Aarhus.
There are two ways to complete your registration in Ikast-Brande Municipality:
Every new citizen must show up in person to complete the registration. When you have achieved the residence document, Ikast-Brande Municipality can help with:
- Registration of residence in Denmark
- Applying for a personal registration number (CPR)
- Obtaining the yellow health insurance card
- Issuing of NemID
- How to apply for tax card
Where to register?
You start the entry application online and book a meeting at the town hall in Ikast or ARTIUM in Brande to complete the application.
See Opening Hours
The rules and registration procedure for working and living in Denmark vary according to the type of job and your country of origin.
If you are a citizen of Finland, Iceland, Norway or Sweden, you are free to enter, live, study and work in Denmark. You do not need a visa or residence permit.
You must register your address in the Civil Registration System (in Danish: Folkeregister) and get and Civil Registration Number (CPR-number), health insurance card and a tax card.
EU citizens apply for the EU residence document at the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI), whether it is your first stay in Denmark or not.
Once you have received the EU residence document, Ikast-Brande Municipality and ISC can help you complete the registration.
Fast Track Service
Book your appointment here.